Thursday, January 22, 2004

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Ah, Can't a dog get a break!

Well the Chinese have kicked off year number 4702 and as the ancient Chinese curse goes, may we live in interesting times. This is apparently the year of the Wood Monkey, and all sorts of mischievous behavior should befall the world. The Monkey is clever, flexible, innovative, scheming, mischievous and vain; qualities that fortune-tellers and astrology experts predict will make for an eventful year. Chinese astrologers are quite mixed on their interpretation of how the year will play out under a watchful monkey, but expect the unexpected.

As for me a nice friendly DOG, this apparently is a year I should lay low (uh ok, can't see how I can be any more below the radar, I guess I can go back to bed) as Dogs and monkeys apparently don't see eye to eye on many things. If you want to tempt the fates check out your animal here.

So if you'll excuse me I guess I'll go eat some kibble and take a nap til 2006, that apparently is when the Dog will bark again. Til then it's an insufferable monkey wreaking havoc on my peaceful little canine world.

No comments: