Saturday, December 23, 2006

Kincolith loses Community Centre to fire

A rather sad beginning to the Christmas holidays as the Kincolith Community Centre went up in flames on Thursday night. Fortunately no one was injured in the fire, but the gathering centre for the community was destroyed.

The Hall was used for everything from basketball practices, to community feasts and was to be used this weekend for Christmas celebrations.

Volunteer fire units from Kincolith and other Nisga'a communities fought the fire and kept the flames from spreading any further.

The CBC has a full report on the fire on their website.

No comments: