Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Another voice in the wilderness takes his walk in the snow!

Well I could say I never saw it coming, but that wouldn't be true. My friend Sean at seanincognito informed me of his plans to wind down his blog earlier this week and now has made it official on his blog.

We've discussed the merits of this blogging thing time and time again, balancing the chance to take part in a new form of media with the endless chore of trying to keep things current, bright and informative. Sometimes we succeed, sometimes we fail. I must admit to my own thoughts of abandonment from time to time, especially in those moments when nothing of value comes to mind and you just wonder why you are staring at your computer screen at 1 am, wondering if anything coherent is ready to jump out on the screen. To his credit he managed to put out a very productive two years in the blogsphere, his entertaining pieces were always worth checking out.

Still I had kind of hoped he would reconsider his decision, as his was always one of my go to destinations for a view of the days events. But as they say time marches on. He's on to other things, from what I read in his blog. Even horror of horrors, something that involves a semi regular paycheque for channeling his thoughts into old time media presentations. He's a Mother Corp contributor now, complete with a union card and Peter Mansbridge welcome letter we assume.

He has promised to leave his website up in the blogsphere for the time being, so for those that haven't had the opportunity to browse, there is still time to sample the best of the incognito.

Here at the Podunk, we wish him best with whatever lays ahead, it's been fun to have been part of the ride!

No comments: