Tuesday, July 11, 2006

It must be much too hot under that midnight sun!

I've never thought of Alaska as a particularly violent place, at least compared to many of the big urban centres of the USA with their rampant crime waves and urban distress.

The impression I had was that Alaska was kind of one of the saner part of the 50 states of the union, well them and Hawaii (where the term laid back just doesn't do justice I hear) I guess.

But after reading this little blurb about a pick up football game gone rather ballistic, I guess I'll have to reassess my perception of the Last Frontier.

A cautionary note for the Prince Rupert Flag football association, I'd hold off on any invitations for any friendship tournament visits, at least until the Alaskans make parole and surrender their weapons!

No comments: