Sunday, November 13, 2005

From Podunk to the World

While working on my HockeyNation website I discovered a neat little tool that can translate our blogpages into different languages. Now I'm pretty sure I'll get more interest in the feature on my HockeyNation site, but hey, may as well add the new toy here in Podunk as well.

Just think somewhere in Germany, Italy, Russia or Greece to name a few, people are hanging on every word about the outcome of the Podunk council and mayoralty elections. I'm sure they also are anxiously awaiting word as to whether it's Wal Mart or Canadian Tire, or both for Podunk.

The program is called Babel Fish, it's provided by Alta Vista and is a pretty easy program to work. You add Babel Fish to your site by copying and pasting the link into your template. Then your viewer just copies the article from the blog and pastes into the text box provided by Babel Fish, they hit translate and your thoughts have a whole new world waiting for your next post.

No comments: