Friday, November 17, 2006

And we're back...

Well that was certainly an unwelcome vacation from blogging, the local Internet service here in Podunk went kerplooey last night at around 11:30 or so, ending our fanciful tales of life in Podunk and beyond.

The local telco in town is pointing the finger at their service provider and some problems further inland as the cause of our distress and restriction in surfing.

Today has been a mish mash of troubles locally, some banks couldn't access outside lines, and their bank machines were shut down. Some telephone connections as well at the banks were disrupted.

Interestingly enough, the local lotto retailer I frequent had no problem running my tickets through, I assume this is a sign from the lottery Gods that I will be the big winner of the Super Seven tonight...

Our enforced Internet band lasted until 1 pm today, and as of 1 pm we have contact with the outside world again and shall endeavour to get back to the grindstone...

Update: Saturday morning, it would appear that the lottery Gods were merely toying with me. I'm still unburdened by wealth much to my dismay!

No comments: