Monday, May 10, 2004

The week of essentials

What's that old saying a day late and a dollar short? That's how I feel about this edition of the week of essentials recap. By now faithful readers of Podunk know I'm battling my two computers in a death match of wits, with the computers winning at the moment. We had a melt down of a hard drive which had an awful lot of my blogging material archived on, (yes I know the wisdom of having a back up, no I'm not a wise man). So the first day of last weeks essentials is stuck on a drive that may or may not one day give up its treasure. I'm still battling with the new hard drive to properly install a working program of Windows XP, having gone back to windows 98 temporarily I'm at the mercy of a computer that doesn't always like my suggestions.

With that little preamble done, I have been trying to keep my blogs alive to a fashion on our old faithful ancient puter pulled back into active duty, but like any old soldier recalled to battle it's a tad slower and a little persnickety. I have a mouse that has a mind of its own, an internet connection that is to say the least unreliable and a level of frustration rising with the high tides. However, we slog and blog on, here is a truncated entry for the week past of our finest links. Hopefully in the not to distant future my comfort level on the supposedly spanking new and efficient machine will return. Till then, we blog, we grumble we carry on.

May 4 Losing the Hearts and Minds
May 4 Bombs a blasting in the Olymic city
May 4 Mouse roars at Moore
May 4 Battlin' Reg challenges Pugnacious Pete
May 4 Colin Powell: Casualty of War
May 5 Dalai Lama road show comes to an end
May 5 Medals the least of our concerns in Athens
May 5 The Media discovers a story
May 5 Michael Moore rebuts the Mouse
May 5 Carb Front: the cola wars break out again
May 6 Rumsfeld's not for firing
May 6 Don't come around here no more
May 6 Bin Laden's golden bounty
May 6 Adscam review to carry on until 2005
May 6 Canada is still a target
May 7 Rumsfeld apologizes: warns worst is yet to come
May 7 Lord Black's racket
May 7 Membership has its prviliges
May 7 Late, Late, Late, or Early, Early, Early, show
May 7 BC Leads the way in gas price increases
May 8 Portuguese Fleet in deep
May 8 No wonder they want our cod!
May 8 It's a slow moving read
May 8 Standing up for Rumsfeld
May 8 Nectar of the Gods dwindles

No comments: