Tuesday, October 18, 2005

You never know who you'll find on the blogsphere

Every once and a while I pay attention to the Blogger home page, making note when those rotating posting things pop up on the screen. You know the ones, they flip over every second beside the Blogs Updated section, offering you a glimpse of somebody else's creations. Sometimes when something catches my interest I click on it and off I go.

Most times I'm impressed, occasionally disappointed, but never really bored which is a good indication as to the talent pool of our little group of fellow travelers in the world of blogs.

Today I stumbled across something in the Blogs of Note section, called The Boy Who heard music. An interesting offering of snippets of life from the word processor of Pete Townshend. Yes, the very same guitar hero of the band The Who. His blog is more of a serialization of a work in progress for him, but it's a fascinating read and a chance to follow along with the project as it heads for a February completion date.

Of equal interest is a glimpse into Townshend's personal section of his blog, his musical interests (there's a steady stream of Canadiana there), his literature choices, movie selections and general interests. They are all offered up for us in his profile.

My little discovery has me anxious to keep on clicking when those blog names flash by, you just never know who else you might meet!

No comments: