Thursday, July 14, 2005

A song in my head

A bit of blogsite maintenance going on over the next little while. I have decided to revise some of the blog site, taking out those links of old to the favourite CD, book, magazine and movie, etc.

Instead as I go along with my recreational pursuits I shall do a blurb about them as I'm reading, listening, watching and such. A few days ago I did a blurb on the Atlantic magazine article I was reading, I think that's a better way of approaching this sort of thing.

At any rate with a lengthy pre-amble as that we get to the music. I have always been a devoted fan of most forms of music and even earned a living at one time back in the darkest ages of my working life as a radio guy, playing songs (some of which I even liked!) for countless hours. My interest in the tunes though went back long before those days, so I figured here I'll list some of the tunes I have listened to over the years and found enjoyment in.

Taste is in the eye or the keyboard of the blogger I guess, so you may agree, disagree or disregard at your leisure. However, if something pops up that you may not have heard before, go find a copy and give it a listen who knows you may even like it as much as I did!

July 14, 2005-- Bruce Springsteen-Born to Run. There were many songs I'm sure that I listened to before, especially in those pre teen bubblegum group days. But this one seems to be the one I go back to time and time again, more or less my entree into the real word of rock. I bought up and listened to anything by Springsteen in my teens and continue to this day to find something in each and every one of his songs, but it was Born to Run that blasted out of my radio in 1975 and wore out many a needle on my record player! The opening is of pure rock and roll power, the message was freedom! What was there to resist?

No comments: